A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 0-9
|Plant Guide||Search||Add Entry|
Plant Suppliers: Accents for Home and Garden
Pronunciation: dik-TAM-nus AL-bus
Family: Rutaceae Family
Common Name: Dittany, Fraxinella, Burning Bush
Height to: 2-4'
USDA Hardiness Zones:
- -30 to -40ºF ZONE 3
- -20 to -30ºF ZONE 4
- -10 to -20ºF ZONE 5
- 0 to -10ºF ZONE 6
- 10 to 0ºF ZONE 7
- 20 to 10ºF ZONE 8
Bloom Description: While slow to get established, this perennial classic is long-lived and low maintenance. Grows about 3 feet tall and features shiny, aromatic leaves and erect spikes of scented white flowers.
- late spring
- early summer
- full sun
Propagation: Propagate by seed - Start seeds outdoors where desired or in containers in the fall. Seeds will begin germinating in spring and continue to emerge for another year. Woody rootstock resists division. Attempts to divide may injure existing plant.
Notes: Caution: Flowers and foliage can cause skin rash.
Slow to establish and dislikes disturbance. Also slow to emerge in spring so mark its location by leaving plant intact overwinter.
Do not deadhead as star-shaped seedheads are add interest. Does not need staking.
- deer resistant
- not native to North America - Native to Europe, Asia
- fragrant - Foliage, flowers, and seeds are all strongly fragrant. The seeds have a citrus scent.
- bears ornamental fruit - Short-lived flowers give way to attractive, star-like seedpods
Submitted by: Deano2u2
|Powered by Sigsiu.NET|
Thank you for your donation.
- Salvia patens 'Guanajuato'
- Picea glauca var. albertiana 'Jean's Dilly'
- Philadelphus 'Natchez'
- Cedrus atlantica 'Fastigiata'
- Berberis thunbergii atropurpurea 'Helmond Pillar'
- Berberis thunbergii f atropurpurea 'Crimson Pygmy'
- Plectranthus neochilus
- Cestrum elegans
- Cestrum 'Newellii'
- Pedilanthus tithymaloides 'Variegatus'
- Pedilanthus tithymaloides
- Schefflera arboricola
- Sedum 'Bertram Anderson'
- Sedum acre 'Aureum'
- Sedum aizoon 'Aurantiacum'
- Sedum morganianum
- Sedum dasyphyllum
- Sedum ewersii
- Sedum kamtschaticum 'Variegatum'
- Sedum rubrotinctum
- Sedum rupestre
- Sedum sieboldii
- Senecio articulatus 'Variegatus'
- Serissa foetida 'Flore Pleno'
- Smithiantha cinnabarina